Date: 2001-09-28 12:18:15

Jeff Garland wrote:

> > However, I
> > start?
> > > >

> James Dennett wrote:
>
> > > Installing the UseMod wiki on a Unix box is as easy as dumping it in
> > > a cgi-bin directory, creating a directory for its data, and editting the
>
> Thanks for the tip. As you say UseModWiki was easy to set up. When you sent the
> mail, I was looking at twiki which appears to have more features, but it is much
> more difficult to set up. You can find the result at the address below:
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl
>
> > We have received an additional offer for Wiki hosting /and/ administration.
> > Those volunteering the services are asking which Wiki we'd like to use.
> > Since we have our choice, I hope those in-the-know will discuss which one is
> > most appropriate for Boost.
>
> No problem. I'm not an expert on Wiki flavors or setup, so if there is someone
> more expert and has the resources I'd be happy to step aside. Otherwise, give
> it a try :-)

I would say the UseModWiki seems to be quite sufficient. One feature I really like
about the AtisWiki we use here at work is the ability to force a link by surrounding
it with underscores, i.e. _lexical_cast_. So I don't have to use LexicalCast. Is
there some other syntax that one could use?

Other than this the BoostWiki looks great. I like the user preferences.

--
Thomas O Matelich
Senior Software Designer