From: Eric Ford (eford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-29 12:38:32

> There is already precedent for it. Various libraries, including the
Python
> and PREPROCESSOR libraries, include generated headers.

Very good.

> Sure, if somebody writes the generator program. Boost.Build already
works
> with lex and yacc / flex and bison.

I was thinking of a simple C++ program that would perform the
necessary calculations and write a header file to stdout. Is there a
reason for using meta-meta-programming tools?

> Well, it's already functional and AFAIK in the distribution, but
there are
> lots of things still on the TODO list. My work on the build system
is going
> to be a bit slow in the immediate future while I seek employment.

Ok, I had never built anything with it, since I didn't have "jam" or
need of anything to be built. Once, I download jam I was able to
build the regexp library. Worked fine.

Thanks,