From: isis-tech_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-30 10:38:22

--- In boost_at_y..., Dietmar Kuehl <dietmar_kuehl_at_y...> wrote:
> Hi,
> isis-tech_at_m... wrote:
> > FYI, the Spirit XML parser can work on 8/16/32 bit characters
>
> I tried to obtain the sources from the Boost file sections which
> failed, apparently due to a wrong redirection. I got the sources
> from spirit.sourceforge.net and used to the xml.cpp pointed to by
> Dan (which needed removal of all those HTML stuff but this was easy
> with a few sed lines). Unfortunately, the result does not fit to
> the code from sourceforge. Can anybody direct me how to build it
> or, even better, point my to a bundled version possibly with a
> Makefile set up readily?

Oops sorry about that. I'll correct that ASAP. We are currently
finishing up for the release of Spirit V1.2. It should be available
by next week. The code is quite stable. It's just the documentation
that we are finishing. I'll ask Dan if we can setup a tarball of the
latest snapshot. The docs are outdated though and won't be ready
until next week.

> This approach looks interesting and I would like to compare the
> result against my code. However, from what I have seen it seems as
> if it is still necessary to add an considerable amount of actions
> to the code, eg. to cope with [pe] references.

As mentioned, the XML parser is still a proof of concept. We are
currently investigating more performance enhancements for the parser
framework, and there are lots of avenues to explore. Anyway, we need
the XML parser for the framework itself, so it will be developed
further. We plan to use XML in many places. For instance, we plan to
use XML for the debugging parse-traversal output. XML might also be
used to optionally generate readable AST information.

We will post more information as soon as Spirit V1.2 is released.

Thanks,
--Joel de Guzman