From: Thomas Lien (tgunlien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-02 13:50:04

> What is the difference between your grid and a
> matrix?
I chose the name grid because in my mind, Matrix
implies a NUMERICAL grid, which my current
implementation would not have to be restricted to.

> Why do you fix the dimensions ROW/COL at compile
> time?
This decision was made to prevent improper operations
at compile time such assignment of a grid with
different dimensions to another (clearly a bad thing).

> Clearly you will be as type safe as Pascal arrays,
> the experience from Pascal, however, tells
> that this type safety is too restrictive for many
> purposes.
I guess I missed out on the experiences of Pascal. :)
Could you give me an example of how this would be too restrictive?