From: Ihsan Ali Al Darhi (iad929_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-02 14:17:45

> calendar side of things -- I'm ordering a copy now. Thanks!

I didn't order one till now. But I will very soon.

To me the calendars aren't a problem. What I am trying to do is convert
between these calendars. Some of these conversions will produce wrong
answers. For example, when you try to convert a Hijri (Islamic) date to
Gregorian, you miss one or two days at most. This is because the Islamic
calendar depends on moon not the sun. This means that if an Islamic month is
29 days in a certain year, it would be 30 days in another year.

Second problem, Suppose someone has provided a date, how would you be sure
that the date is valid? Do you need that the user must provide to which
calendar belongs?

IAD