From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-07 19:28:13

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] boost::bind with void return functions

> It is my opinion that many shops with C++ programmers aspiring to write
> clean generic programs are going to be deliberately slow in adopting VC7 for
> the many bugs and incompatibilities that are supposedly introduced with
> every XX.0 release. Sad but true, it makes obsolete technology relevant.
>
> -Dave

Maybe I'm wierd (lucky?) but I've used every new release of VC since 1.1 and in all cases have found the new version
superior to the old. IMO that's definitely the case with VC7 -vs- VC6sp5. In my case, I'm writing new code with VC7,
so I couldn't care less if there are compatibility problems with VC6 code. In general though, I'm 100% sure you're
right.

-cd