From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-08 07:20:20

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Frey" <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]>

David Abrahams wrote:

> > Sorry, Daniel! Your name would be commonplace here in the United States;
> > it's easy to forget that you're not from this part of the world.
>
> Which makes me wonder if this isn't immediately obvious from my
> "language skills" :) Seems it's not *that* bad... ;)

No, not bad at all. If anything gives you away I would say it's the name of
your tool. "Booster" lacks any descriptive value.

> > I was just trying to suggest that it would be a good idea if your tool
could
> > be integrated with Boost.Build.
>
> To build and install the Booster? >>

Sure, but more importantly, to use your tool as a back-end for processing
the error messages. Since the build system can run multiple compilers in a
single invocation of Jam, we probably don't want to just pipe the output of
Jam into the tool.

> Good idea, but I don't have any
> experience with Boost.Build yet. As I don't have the current boost
> version here (at the company), I'll look at it this evening..

Have a look, but we probably don't normally want to build the build tools
with multiple compilers as the build system would do by default. You'll
probably need my help to set things up so that build tools get constructed
only once.

-Dave

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]