From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-08 08:18:42

David Abrahams wrote:

> your tool. "Booster" lacks any descriptive value.

A better name would be fine. Any suggestions?

> Sure, but more importantly, to use your tool as a back-end for processing
> the error messages. Since the build system can run multiple compilers in a
> single invocation of Jam, we probably don't want to just pipe the output of
> Jam into the tool.

My misinterpretation of the whole tool <-> Boost.Build may result from
the fact that I thought about Boost.Build as a system to build and
install the Boost libraries, not as a common tool for the end-user to
compiler their own project. But if this is the case, it certainly makes
sense to integrate the tool into such a system.

> > Good idea, but I don't have any
> > experience with Boost.Build yet. As I don't have the current boost
> > version here (at the company), I'll look at it this evening..
>
> Have a look, but we probably don't normally want to build the build tools
> with multiple compilers as the build system would do by default. You'll
> probably need my help to set things up so that build tools get constructed
> only once.

Any help is appreciated. If I can help by adjusting the tool, let me
know :)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology