From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-08 08:36:56

David Abrahams wrote:

> What does "the Booster" do?
>
> If you just want to capture its ability to postprocess compiler messages,
> maybe "c++pp" would work. Or, perhaps "error-pretty-print" would be better.
> I'm sure you can think of other names along these lines.
>
> You seem to indicate that it is capable of other things. If you want to
> capture that fact in the name, then you have to describe what the tool does.
> What does it do (generally speaking)?

Currently, it processes some input through regular expressions. The kind
of input and the rules (regular-expressions) are not limited in any way,
except it is processed line-by-line. Would 'regex-processor' be a good
name then? The tool itself is extremly small and straight forward, so
this name would express where its power comes from and also where its
limits are...

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology