From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-09 15:00:59

David Abrahams wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>>I'm interested -- I would like to use Boost.Build myself and is willing to
>>help with its development, if my help can be of any use.
>>

> Indeed it can be of use, and therefore I accept!
>
> In fact, I'll take this opportunity to invite other interested parties to
> join us. Scons development is enjoying considerable momentum right now
> because a few people occasionally pick an item off the TODO list, and attack
> it; there's no substantial drain on any one developer. We could do much the
> same.

(sorry for late response but I'm catching up on a backlog of boost msgs)
I like this and also the idea you (david) mentioned that it should be
possible to create a boost.build system for any project in no time.

This is exactly what I want to do and will try to help you with that
(although an build-system update has very low priority at the moment).

I'm happy you checked in the sources of boost.build. This way, we (I)
can start checking if it's as portable as the perforce Jam (remember :
the FTJam wan'nt).

Do you plan an checking in also a todo list containing the todo's with
the results of the discussions which then can be easily picked up by
somebody if he finds some time ?