From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-09 17:41:53

Hi Toon!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>

> David Abrahams wrote:
> > In fact, I'll take this opportunity to invite other interested parties
> > join us. Scons development is enjoying considerable momentum right now
> > because a few people occasionally pick an item off the TODO list, and
attack
> > it; there's no substantial drain on any one developer. We could do much
the
> > same.
>
> (sorry for late response but I'm catching up on a backlog of boost msgs)
> I like this and also the idea you (david) mentioned that it should be
> possible to create a boost.build system for any project in no time.

Could you point me at a particular Boost message? I'd like to be sure I know
exactly which idea you're referring to.

> This is exactly what I want to do and will try to help you with that
> (although an build-system update has very low priority at the moment).
>
> I'm happy you checked in the sources of boost.build. This way, we (I)
> can start checking if it's as portable as the perforce Jam (remember :
> the FTJam wan'nt).

I remember. I don't think I removed anything that might have been causing
the instability, but at least you can now trace the revision history back to
Perforce Jam: I made sure to check that in first, then add the changes to
get to FTJam, then add my own changes.

> Do you plan an checking in also a todo list containing the todo's with
> the results of the discussions which then can be easily picked up by
> somebody if he finds some time ?

There is a todo.txt already checked in. Did you have something else in mind?

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]