From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-11 11:17:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "Petr Ovchenkov" <ptr_at_[hidden]>
> >> As for me, I had first trouble with building jam (jam's build
> >> isn't clear in second pass, problem come from Jamfiles).
>
> DA> Sorry, I didn't understand that. What did you do, and what result
> DA> did you get?
>
> That's Jam's issue. Not here.

Why not? OK, please tell me privately.

> You right, I can provide not all items of
> http://www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm#design_criteria
> (and you too). But most.
>
> Really I can design core schema and real build for gcc (Linux,
> Solaris). And, may be, build for VC6 with nmake. Also I can write
> options for aCC compiler (HP's, HP-UX), but can't check now
> whether it really work.
>
> If this has some sense, I can start.

It makes sense to me, though I don't know if it would really be satisfactory
to everyone. You may want to query the boost membership first to be sure
you're not wasting your time. BTW, how would you handle header file
dependencies? Does nmake do that automatically?

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]