From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-11 11:19:35

> > Really I can design core schema and real build for gcc (Linux,
> > Solaris). And, may be, build for VC6 with nmake. Also I can write
> > options for aCC compiler (HP's, HP-UX), but can't check now
> > whether it really work.
> >
> > If this has some sense, I can start.

If you are really considering a make-based approach, I might suggest that there
is probably some group of users that would accept gnu make instead of nmake on
Windows (If not, I'm sure they will speak up now). I understand that this
violates some of the criteria set by Dave. However, gmake is easily obtained
for windows and a the core of make rules that can be shared will be much higher
if the same make engine is utilized (I haven't looked at Jam yet, but I presume
this is a key advantage of this approach). This doesn't necessarily satisfy the
MAC folks....

Jeff