From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-14 14:34:47

--- In boost_at_y..., John Maddock <John_Maddock_at_c...> wrote:

> >I don't know if these solve Dave's problem but they don't seem to
answer
> the
> >original question - "is 'long long' avaliable?"
>
> I guess the answer is to do what other libs do and look for the
macros in
> <climits>: either LONG_LONG_MAX, LONGLONG_MAX or LLONG_MAX. We
could
> boilerplate this in config.hpp I guess, but that would mean
everything
> would end up including <climits>, not sure that that is such a big
deal
> though...

I would also need a macro telling whether long long is available.
I think it is better to see the definition in a single place
than to see the same test repeated in many headers.
Whether this single definition is provided in config.hpp,
in some other header,
or in a new header for just that purpose
is less important to me.

Helmut