From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-15 12:46:16

--- In boost_at_y..., Karl Pitrich <pit_at_r...> wrote:
> hi.
>
> as it seems impossible after messing around for some hours
> with this fu^H^H worse excuse for automake/autoconf named jam,
> to build the threads library with it,
> has anyone a Makefile to build the threads library standalone?

Careful with your wording here. One can understand your frustration,
but you're likely to offend the people who can help you if you aren't
careful with your wording.

The Boost.Threads library was built using Jam from the very
beginning. I build the Boost.Threads library with MSVC++ using the
Jam stuff in Boost.Build on a near daily basis. I've even been
building using gcc as of late. I know others have built it with
other compilers and even on other platforms as well. Sooo...

What platform/compiler are you using? What, precisely, is not
working for you? What error messages are you getting? Maybe we can
help you to get things working with Jam, which is going to be better
for you in the long run since that's the direction that all of Boost
will be taking in the future.

Bill Kempf