From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-17 13:35:49

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> [...]

Yes, I'll be in Redmond and would be happy to participate in any
discussions on this topic.

BTW, I meant to send this to you in private e-mail, but since I'm
here already, I think you've introduced some bugs into Boost.Build
recently. I'm taking a wild guess, but I think it came about with
your recent changes to get the $(BOOSTROOT) stuff to work correctly.
The following is a list of the things I've noticed that I think are
broken now, but which used to work.

1) If I run Jam in boost\libs\thread\test in a pristine checkout it
correctly attempts to run the Jamfile in boost\libs\thread\build, but
nothing is built.

2) If I run Jam in boost\libs\thread\build first and then in
boost\libs\thread\test the test program is built correctly but the
attempts to execute the test program fails (on Win32) because the
libboost_threadmon.dll can't be found (the Boost.Build system is no
longer correctly locating the DLL based on the dependencies).

I'm assuming that both of these are related and that they are also
related to the changes you made for $(BOOSTROOT), though I'm just
guessing. You should be able to easily reproduce this yourself with
the latest snapshot from CVS but if you need the output from my
attempts at running Jam just let me know in e-mail (they are a tad
long for posting here). It would be nice, though not essential, to
have this working by the time we arrive in Redmond so that I can
demonstrate Boost.Threads in action for anyone interested there.

Bill Kempf