From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-18 11:38:48

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> [...]
requirements?
> > Should
> > > FOO be defined in your "my-debug" build?
> >
> > I would certainly expect this.
>
> Which? (I asked two questions above).

Hmm, I can see two question marks but I can't see two questions...
Sorry, english isn't my native language, maybe I'm missing something.

> > > What happens if you add
> > > <my-debug><define>FUBAR?
> >
> > <debug> gets FOO and <my-debug> gets FOO and FUBAR.
> >
> > > Is the behavior the same for non-free features as
> > > for free features?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> It can't be exactly the same. You only get one setting for any non-
free
> feature. You can't have both <inlining>full and <inlining>off, so I
suppose
> you'd like to see non-free feature overrides?

Yup.

> > What I had in mind was some kind of basic variant (like debug or
> > release) and some other variant which inherits all the settings
from
> > the basic variant but enables this or that feature, giving me the
> > variants debug-feature1, release-feature1, debug-feature-2, ...
>
> You can get a similar effect by setting, e.g. BUILD = release
> <debug-symbols>on

Hmm, this looks interesting.

> I'll put your request into the mix. If you would like to volunteer
> implement some things, your request could get handled much faster ;-
)

Oops, I don't know if I could be of any help. I'm quite a fair C++
programmer, but this JAM stuff scares me a little.

> -Dave

Markus