From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-19 08:21:20

> I once posted a simple pool allocator for counts based on a deque of:
>
> union count { std::size_t n; count* next_free; };
>
> It worked great and didn't pull in lots of other dependencies.

Yes, I couldn't recommend requiring Boost.Pool in order to use
Boost.SmartPtr. Pool is too complicated, and still doesn't work on several
compilers. I don't know about others, but it's common for me to use only
parts of Boost in a project -- and having a dependency from smart_ptr to
pool would be a bad thing (from that perspective).

I would recommend using Dave's excellent earlier example.

        -Steve