From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-20 23:39:33

on 10/20/01 5:28 PM, Thomas Witt at witt_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Boost config currently defines for _ICL <= 600
> BOOST_NO_ARGUMENT_DEPENDENT_LOOKUP
> BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS
>
> As long as there are no known issues with this I would like to see a comment
> that Koenig Lookup can be activated for ICL >= 500 by the option
> -Qoption,cpp,--arg_dep_lookup.
>
> AFAICS BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS can be removed for icl6
> it works in the Beta I have.
>
> BTW -Qoption,cpp,--new_for_init gives conforming for loop scoping. This leads
> to the question which arguments should be used for the compiler status
> results. Those that are default or those that make the compiler conforming?

You may not have to make assumptions for compile-time options. My compiler
(Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 5.3/Mac) has special preprocessor constants
reflecting the current state of the compile-time options. If your compiler
does something similar, then we can use #ifdef's to check the exact
compile-time options and define the configuration macros appropriately.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie