From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-22 11:12:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]>

> Good. I hope to make some progress with suggested todo items soon. And
here's
> another question: with current unit-test rule the unit test binary is
removed
> if it fails, which makes debugging that binary inconvenient. And jam has
no
> explicit way to prevent removing the target. Could an action modifier be
> added to handle this, e.g "noremove" or "precious"? It appears to be
> reasonable addition which won't break anything.

Look at the test rules in status/Jamfile; they don't have this problem. All
of these should be formalized, documented, and moved into the build system
proper.

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]