From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-22 11:13:50

Eric Ford wrote:

> Results from trying testing the latest std_math....
>
> My gcc (2.95) didn't like the float and long double versions of modf
> in std_math or the div<long,long> specialization.

Do you remember what it complained about? As far as I can remember, I
didn't change the actual code between this version and the last one, but
I may have screwed something up somewhere. If you can get the errors to
me, I'll see if I can fix it.

> sstream vs strstream and ostringstream vs ostrstream issues

Oops... forgot about that. I'll patch that up. Actually, these were
only used to make the output slightly prettier, and it may be easiest
just to drop them completely and live with less-than-beautiful output.

> I think compilers with compliant cmath will need to know about the
> std_compat namespace.

They shouldn't anymore, I don't think ... that namespace should only
show up currently for gcc < 3.0. For other compilers, it shouldn't be
visible.

> std_c99_math_test.cpp complained about implicit declarations.
> (Possibly my fault?)

Can you let me know what declarations it complained about? If it was
all of them, there may be something else that I need to do to get
gcc-2.95 to play nice. It may also be a problem with the docs (I may
have left out a macro that you need to define to get it to work
correctly... did you define BOOST_HAS_C99_MATH as well as
BOOST_NONCOMPLIANT_MATH when you compiled? It may also be a gcc library
issue that requires more workarounds....).