From: jaakko.jarvi_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-23 11:09:58

--- In boost_at_y..., williamkempf_at_h... wrote:

> tuple<> t = make_tuple(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) + make_tuple(11);
>
> Obviously there's some issues with the above example and some
design
> decisions that would need to be hashed out here, but the concept
> seems sound.

The fixed limit of tuple size has bugged me as well, not that I would
have needed tuples larger than 10 elements, but still.

The current tuples can be seen as a layer above the cons lists,
providing a nicer syntax. The price for this is the size constrain.

The tuple template has all the element types as distinct template
arguments, so obviously an additional parameter for holding the
remaining arguments is needed.

I agree, the idea is sound. Most of the functions, operators and
metafunctions operate on cons lists, rather than tuples, so
I think something along the lines of your suggestion can be
made to work.

> One of the big things I see not being addressed by this
> idea (though maybe the idea could be extended to handle it) is
> handling of tiers.
I can't come up with an immediate solution to this.

Cheers, Jaakko