From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-25 07:11:55

--- In boost_at_y..., JBrunen_at_d... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new user of boost. I would like to integrate the boost thread
> library and the boost regex library to my application. I'm using
the
> STLport on MS VC++ 6.0 SP5 with the _STLP_NO_NEW_IOSTREAMS flag set.

Hmm, I'm not sure you will have much luck with _STLP_NO_NEW_IOSTREAMS
and regex. Why do you want to use old style io streams anyway?

Are you sure you didn't mean _STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS?

> Now, my question: Is it currently (as of boost 1.25.0) possible to
> build the libraries compatible to my application build environment?

Nope, there are several issues right now.

1. You need msvc-stlport-tools.jam which is not (yet) in the build
system. I could send you mine (which works for me but has several
issues left) or you could manually override the include path on the
jam command line. Or you could orverride the BUILD variable in the
Jamrules file.

Something like

TOOLS = msvc ;
BUILD = debug release <include>directory_to_stlport ;

should get you started.

2. You can't compile threads with STLPort right now. You have to add
an #include <string> to boost/thread/exceptions.hpp as a workaround.

3. regex doesn't work with STLPort and MSVC6 if you use
_STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS. This stopped working some time ago.

> I'm not experienced with the Jam utility. Is the build system
update
> sufficient for my build problem?

I would suggest you get the build system and the Jamfile for threads
from CVS or wait for 1.25.1

> With kind regards
>

> Johannes

HTH, Markus