From: JBrunen_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-25 09:06:24

--- In boost_at_y..., "Markus Schoepflin" <markus.schoepflin_at_g...> wrote:

> Hmm, I'm not sure you will have much luck with
_STLP_NO_NEW_IOSTREAMS
> and regex. Why do you want to use old style io streams anyway?

The answer is quite simple. Our application (CAD and big) uses a lot
of external libraries (such as Acis to mention one big) und sources.
So, we can't just switch to the new IO streams on the MS platform.
There are just to many dependencies. Until know, however, I was (not
quite) happy with the STLport work around to the issue.

Probably we won't be able at all to switch to the standard IO
streams. I would be interested knowing if this is a common problem or
just our fate.

> 3. regex doesn't work with STLPort and MSVC6 if you use
> _STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS. This stopped working some time ago.

Some time ago, I tried the regex librarie with the STLport and the
_STLP_NO_NEW_IOSTREAMS flag and it work well (At least for my small
test). So, that is lost. This rises the question of upgrade
compatibility of the boost libraries. This may be a very important
aspect for people integrating boost libraries into their code.
However, I understand the issue of standardization and the MS
platform has really a long way to go.

Is there any time schedule for 1.25.1?

At last I like to say that the boost work is really impressive.

With kind regards

Johannes