From: Andreas Zieringer (topdog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-26 13:28:20

boost_at_[hidden] schrieb am 26.10.01:
> [...]

Sorry just forgot that this mailing list is not only python related.

> <snip>
>
> > Now I need do initialize the module again.
> >
> > initModule();
> > PyRun_SimpleString("from Module import *");
> >

> > Starting the same script now gives this error:
> >
> > Traceback(most recent call last):
> > File "", line 4, in ?
> > RuntimeError:unidentifiable C++ exception
> >
> > Line 4 is "a.doit()"
> >
> > The same error apears in line 5. Looks like he forgot the
> > inheritance relationship between derived and base?
> >
> > I also tried Py_Finalize(); Py_Initialize(); but this didn't help.
> > Any ideas what's going wrong here?
>
> Andreas,
>
> Starting a new interpreter and importing the module again is not a scenario
> that was anticipated when Boost.Python was designed. I don't have a clue,
> sadly. A little bit of time spent with a good debugger should be enough to
> clarify what's going on, though. Please keep me abreast of developments.
>
> -Dave

Hmm I need a way to destroy all instances which where created via python. Perhaps there is a better way than recreating the interpreter. A "new" command like in the good old basic days would be perfect. But I couldn't find anything like this in the python docu. BTW I'm working on Virtual Reality Editor with a scripting interface. In the beginning I used swig but than I found boost. A really impressive peace of software!

Andreas

Lotto online tippen! Egal zu welcher Zeit, egal von welchem Ort.
Mit dem WEB.DE Lottoservice. http://tippen2.web.de/?x=13