From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-29 08:18:24

--- In boost_at_y..., Thomas Witt <witt_at_i...> wrote:

> With jam from CVS the piecemeal option does not seem to work. The
intel-win32
> archive action can produce a link command thats rejected by the OS
for
> exceeding the maximum length. Any idea how to work around this?

Acutally the piecemeal option does work, but the maximum command line
length is defined as 10k for NT which is wrong.

You could try to lower it and see if you find a setting that works
for you. It's in "jam.h", line 89.

I encountered the same problem last week but couldn't find a real fix
for this as I couldn't find any hints for the correct maximum command
line length for NT. Looks like it depends on other factors (maximum
size of environment, how many environment variables are set, ...) as
well.

> Thanks
>
> Thomas

HTH, Markus