From: John Suters (johnds_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 15:37:01

> The VECTOR template argument is unnecessary and undesirable, as it limits
> the generality of transform(). I would suggest taking a random-access
> iterator range as argument instead.
> std::iterator_traits<RandIterator>::value_type then gives you the output
> value type.

Fair enough. My reason for using a vector was that I reserve up to a minimum
power of two, usually extending the vector. I'm not sure how I would achieve
this for soemthing like, say, an array, without creating some temporary
vectors, or something, internally. Not such a big deal, maybe, but the code
as it stands (which, admittedly, you haven't seen yet) doesn't need to do
this.

John