From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-01 07:44:15

>Strange, but believable. Are you compiling through Jam or setting up
>your own build system on these platforms? If it's with Jam then it
>sounds like we need to patch the toolsets in question.

I'm not using Jam, and yes it does need patching - for gcc on solaris and
FreeBSD at least, and probably elsewhere as well, I'm not too sure how it
would be done though - we need to be able to set different compile options
and link libraries when doing multithread builds with gcc, but the options
differ from platform to platform. Does Jam have an equivalent to uname() ?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/