From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-01 16:47:28

--- In boost_at_y..., Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_c...> wrote:

> I've read the docs for Boost.Build, so I've got a good idea of how
to use
> it in general, but I'm wondering if there are any docs that say how
> boost library in particular should set up the directory structure
and
> Jamfiles (I'm trying to set up jam files for the graph library). For
> example, I see in Regex there is a Jamfile in the /example
directory for
> building the examples. However, in the python library there is not a
> jamfile in the /example directory, but the Jamfile in the /build
directory
> builds some examples. It would be good if we had some guidelines so
that
> we can keep things consistent.

I don't believe there are any documents as far as this goes. I like
what I have in Boost.Threads, which I *think* is the same as in
Boost.Regex.

libs
   build
      Jamfile - Builds the library
   test
      Jamfile - Builds/runs the regression test
   example
      Jamfile - Builds all example programs

It might be beneficial to modify the example directory to be more
like this:

   example
      Jamfile - Builds all example programs
      example1
          Jamfile - Builds only example1
      example2
          Jamfile - Builds only example2

The same could be done for the test directory if a library has
multiple test programs.

Bill Kempf