From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-02 18:14:56

On Friday 02 November 2001 06:00, you wrote:
> I am consulting for a customer who is constrained to RH6.1 with egcs
> 2.95.2. Can I compile boost for this platform? I looked at the
> compiler status table, and it wasn't clear to me is pre 2.4 kernels
> are supported. Also, would I need to install STLPort?

Boost should work well with GCC 2.95.2 right out of the box, and won't depend
at all on the version of the Linux kernel (except, perhaps, for _really_ old
kernels).

If you find that you need parts of Boost libraries that require some of the
features GCC 2.95.2 is missing (e.g., wide character streams, stringstream,
numeric_limits<>), then you can install STLPort to get them. Most users,
however, don't need this.

        Doug