From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-07 22:43:42

On Wednesday, November 7, 2001, at 09:43 PM, Jesse Jones wrote:

>> I'm still trying to get my make files past automake so I don't have a
>> lot to report yet. I did build the thread library with CodeWarrior
>> though. If you target Mach-O (as opposed to CFM) pthreads are
>> available, but the configuration headers don't catch this.

The code that's supposed to handle this is in
<boost/config/platform/macos.hpp>. If __MACH__ is defined, it includes
<boost/config/posix_features.hpp>, which defined BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS and
BOOST_HAS_THREADS. This does work properly in the Mac OS X regression test,
as you can see in the log at
<http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/macosx.log.gz>.

I wonder what's different when you build with jam?

    -- Darin