From: Jesse Jones (jesjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-08 01:09:04

At 7:43 PM -0800 11/7/01, Darin Adler wrote:
>On Wednesday, November 7, 2001, at 09:43 PM, Jesse Jones wrote:
>
>>> I'm still trying to get my make files past automake so I don't have a
>>> lot to report yet. I did build the thread library with CodeWarrior
>>> though. If you target Mach-O (as opposed to CFM) pthreads are
>>> available, but the configuration headers don't catch this.
>
>The code that's supposed to handle this is in
><boost/config/platform/macos.hpp>. If __MACH__ is defined, it includes
><boost/config/posix_features.hpp>, which defined BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS and
>BOOST_HAS_THREADS. This does work properly in the Mac OS X regression test,
>as you can see in the log at
><http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/macosx.log.gz>.
>
>I wonder what's different when you build with jam?

I haven't tried to build Boost yet with the CodeWarrior command line
tools. I was using the IDE to build the threads library. I used
"boost/config.hpp" for the prefix file (which means it's
automatically included before anything else) which seems like the
right thing to do.

As best I can determine what happens is that posix_features.hpp
defines BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS because _POSIX_THREADS is defined. But
suffix.hpp doesn't define BOOST_HAS_THREADS because none of __MT__,
_REENTRANT, or _PTHREADS are defined. CodeWarrior currently doesn't
provide single-threaded runtime or C/C++ libraries so maybe one of
these should be defined on Mach-O...

   -- Jesse