From: elaine_y_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-08 19:03:44

Hi,

I've used boost python in the past without problems.
Now I'm trying to help someone else wrap their code and, strangely
enough, when we try to compile against the boost_python library we
get the following error from Visual C++:

boost_python\boost\python\classes.hpp(379) : error C2955: 'modulus' :
use of class template requires template argument list
        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\functional(57) : see declaration of 'modulus'
boost_python\boost\type_traits\ice.hpp(80) : fatal error C1506:
unrecoverable block scoping error

The line/code it is complaining about is the following:
template <class T>
PyObject* class_t<T>::instance_number_power(PyObject* obj, PyObject*
exponent, PyObject* modulus) const
{
    return downcast<T>(obj)->power(exponent, modulus);
}

If I change the two instances of the word "modulus" to something else
(like "modulusx") and recompile boost_python and then try to compile
the code with boost_python, that solves the problem.

The source code we are trying to use doesn't have any instances of the
word "modulus" in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Elaine