From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-09 10:55:49

David Abrahams wrote:

> Yes, use "-g" and please try both ways. I'd like the stack trace from the
> debug version as well.

in attach you can find the stacktrace of the release version (omitted
the '-g') although I don't understand what information this provides you
that the debug-version-stacktrace does not ?

> Can you send me a copy of
> /home/tk/roaming/dev/femtown/modules/Jamfile_src_template?

here it is :

----
include $(PROJECT_ROOT)/modules/$(MODULE)/src/sources.jam ;
lib lib$(MODULE)$(SUFLIB) : $(CPPSOURCES).cpp
     :
         <include>$(PROJECT_ROOT)/modules
         <include>$(FEMTOWN_INC_PATHS)
     ;
----
it's a template Jamfile used in every module reading a file
sources.jam which defines all source files (in var CPPSOURCES)
which are then used to build the library of the module.
> I guess I'll want to try to reproduce your problem myself, also. I'd better
> fire up my linux box and build gcc-3.0.2 ;-)
although much slower as 2.95.3, it's very picky (correctly) about your code
and thus improves code-quality a lot (IMO)