From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-09 15:22:04

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:
> At 08:51 AM 11/9/2001, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
> >Apologies for talking about such trifles, but library guidelines
mention
> >it...
> >After two editors I use disagreed on how to indent Python code, I
wrote a

> >small script, to be run before checkin, which tests for tabs and
similar
> >problems. When run on boost cvs, it found 287 files with tabs.
> >
> >Not that I mean something should be done about that, but the
script, for
> >those wanting to use it, lives at
> >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/checkin_test.py
>

> Ooo!!! Nice!!!

Python scripts like this would be nice to place on the Wiki. I've
got my own script that removes trailing whitespace and changes tabs
to spaces that I've been running against Boost.Threads. (I'm
surprised the starvephil stuff was missed... I must not have run it
against them.) I also run tidy against the HTML source. Further,
I've got scripts that clean up after Jam (removes the bin directories
and the VC++ .pdb files) and one that Zips the threads stuff up
(haven't needed that since Boost.Threads was accepted). I'm sure
there are other scripts that people use during Boost development that
would be useful to others and the Wiki would be a nice place for
sharing these.

Bill Kempf