From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-14 10:37:44

Dear all,

I'm currently starting a new number crunching project in the field
of low temperature condensed matter physics. In this project I'm forced
to use a highly sophisticated matrix package to achieve a high performing
implementation. After reading through the documentation of various packages
(MTL, Blitz++, POOMA, ATLAS, ... ) I'd prefer to use MTL, since it is more
than just a matrix package.
Since MTLv3 is supposed to be incorporated into Boost, I would be interested
in joining the development of MTLv3 (coding & testing) instead of developing
my own package.

What I need in addition to MTL are:

-> hermitean Matrices
-> (sparce) Matrices defined as a list of (dense) sub blocks
-> hermitean rank-2 update for matrices ( BLAS xHERK2)

Therefore I'd be interested in the current status of the Boost
matrix package. I have dowloaded the inital mtlv3 von the files
section, but that seems to be rather incomplete.
Is anyone currently working on the matrix packages ?
I have been reading the Boost mailing list for quite a while now
but I'm still puzzled on the status of the matrix packages.

Best wishes
and thanks in advance for all anwers
Peter Schmitteckert

---------

P.S. Performance is critical for may application, since I'll have
to diagonalize repeatedly matrices of the order 10^6 .. 10^7.