From: walter_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-19 07:12:07

--- In boost_at_y <mailto:boost_at_y>..., Peter Schmitteckert (boost) <
boost_at_s <mailto:boost_at_s>...> wrote:
> Dear all,

[Snip]

> After reading through the documentation of various packages
> (MTL, Blitz++, POOMA, ATLAS, ... ) I'd prefer to use MTL, since it
is more
> than just a matrix package.

Could you please elaborate on this?

> Since MTLv3 is supposed to be incorporated into Boost, I would be
interested
> in joining the development of MTLv3 (coding & testing) instead of
developing
> my own package.
>
> What I need in addition to MTL are:
>
> -> hermitean Matrices

Done in numeric/ublas. Do you also need skew symmetric / hermitean
matrices?

> -> (sparce) Matrices defined as a list of (dense) sub blocks
> -> hermitean rank-2 update for matrices ( BLAS xHERK2)

Done in numeric/ublas.

> Therefore I'd be interested in the current status of the Boost
> matrix package. I have dowloaded the inital mtlv3 von the files
> section, but that seems to be rather incomplete.

The initial mtl and ublas submissions in the boost vault are
outdated. Actual versions are available via sourceforge CVS.

> Is anyone currently working on the matrix packages ?

We continue our work on numeric/ublas.

Regards

Joerg