From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-15 14:14:37

From: "Ullrich Koethe" <u.koethe_at_[hidden]>
> > True, but having
> >
> > image<std::vector<unsigned char> >
> >
> > would be quite inefficient since the vectors won't exploit the fact that
> > they are the same size. Or am I missing something.
> >

> Yes, because the accessors only require a vector _interface_. So you can
> define a
>
> vector_image<unsigned char>
>
> that allocates a contigous block of memory, and considers stretches of n
> values as one pixel. The iterator would then return an appropriate proxy
> that implements the required interface on top of this. (Which brings me
> to proxies, who would warrant a discussion of their own...)

Ah, I see. In effect I'd have to define a 'virtual image' with the
appropriate accessors. But how would the import function know how to create
my custom 'virtual image' when importing an 11-channel .PSD?

And if I go to these lengths wouldn't it be easier for me to create a band
image. ;-)

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.