From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-15 18:06:36

> Here's a concrete suggestion for more/license.html:
>
> // (C) Copyright David Abrahams 2000. Permission to copy, use,
> // modify, sell and distribute this software is granted provided this
> // copyright notice appears in all copies. This software is provided
> // "as is" without express or implied warranty, and with no claim as
> // to its suitability for any purpose.
>

> We would phase this in gradually by encouraging developers to
> switch to this license in their source code. However, authors
> must change their code themselves. There won't be a big, centralized
> change-over.
>
> Objections?
>
> Jens Maurer

Not from me looks fine. Do we need really the (C) bit?

But what about multiple authored programs.
If I take over maintenance of David Abrahams 2000 work,
and change it, perhaps signifcantly, what do I do?

Add and copyright Paul Bristow 2001?

Can we also ask for or perhaps 'welcome'
(but NOT require) acknowledgement of the source - Boost
and author in information about programs and products built with it?
Perhaps a standard 'acknowledgement' statement could be provided
to be appended to the standard license? The users could cut and
paste this into their documentation.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse