From: wb_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-15 18:48:52

I am writing, in response to a request from my management, to ask
assistance from knowledgeable Boosters regarding specific software
licensing terms and conditions.

My employer, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, has for years made
its software available under a licensing program known locally as
Fermitools. The most recent legal details of this are available at
    http://fermitools.fnal.gov/about/terms.html

Because I have software that I wish to contribute to Boost, I have been
trying to obtain permission to do so. The above Fermitools license has
now been suggested to me as appropriate for this purpose, but I would
appreciate explicit confirmation from Boosters to ensure that these
licensing terms are indeed acceptable. If it happens, for any reason,
not to be an appropriate license, I would equally appreciate, to the
extent possible, detailed comments regarding any specific concerns this
license would engender in the Boost community.

I hope to present, on Monday morning, a summary to my management of
Boosters' responses to the proposed licensing terms, and extend my
sincere thanks in advance to those who are in a position to review and
address the proposal.

        - WEB