From: James Curran/MVP (jamescurran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-16 09:23:21

        The problem here is "What happens if we accomplish the stated
goal of the Boost project: To create a library to be added to the next
C++ Standard?" It must be assumed that most compiler implementers will
just take the current Boost release, change "namespace boost" to
"namespace std" and ship it with their compiler. Would this force all
end users of MSVC or gcc or Comeau to also include the Boost
acknowledgement? Wouldn't this require them to know which particular
pieces of the Standard came from Boost? Should we therefore ask them to
acknowledge libraries that are already in the Standard, like vector<> or
complex<>?

    Truth,
     James Curran