From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-16 10:15:00

> From: Peter Dimov [mailto:pdimov_at_[hidden]]
>
> The memory view is consistent for every thread on its own - thus
conforming
> to the standard - but is not necessarily consistent across threads.

Interpreting the Standard in this way gives every thread its own virtual
machine. Then every thread is a "Program" in the Standard -- but a
"Program" is defined to be (a) translation unit(s) linked together, so you
can't have one .exe with multiple Programs!

So I don't think the Standard can be interpreted this way -- the memory view
needs to be consistent with respect to the Program, not a thread.

        -Steve