From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-16 15:03:57

Hi Paul,

The first question for you to answer is, "which Python types am I expecting
to be usable as legitimate 2nd arguments to this function?". For a function
taking a non-const reference to a vector<double>, your choices are quite
limited: you'll need to expose vector<double> in your extension module just
as though it were one of your own classes. If the reference were const or
the parameter were passed by value, you could write a from_python(PyObject*,
type<std::vector<double> const&>) function which converts, say, Python
tuples and lists to C++ vectors of double.

HTH,
Dave