From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-17 17:40:47

> >There is a list of libraries under construction growing on the Wiki:
> >
> >http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?LibrariesUnde
> >rConstruction
>
> Fun! Nice to see the Wiki being put to use. From time-to-time a short
> posting on the list letting us know about some of the latest Wiki activity
> would be appreciated.

Agreed. Use of the Wiki has been steadily growing.

Luckily, everyone can get a summary automatically from the Wiki of which pages
have changed over the last 30 days at the link below. If Wiki editors provide a
good summary of the changes when saving the page, a bold description of the
change shows up along with this query.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?RecentChanges

Here are a few other highlights aside from the Libraries under construction.

1) Doug G. added an interesting article Generalizing C-Style Callbacks with
boost function

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Generalizing_C-St
yle_Callbacks

2) Dave & Vladimir have been using the Wiki extensively to discuss/document
Boost.build

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Build

3) Toon added the Installing Boost page which provides a brief set of
instructions for using JAM and provides pointers to pre-compile JAM executables
.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?InstallingBoost

4) Stephen C. added a page on common compiler errors with function/bind with
Borland.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?CommonCompilerErr
orsWhenUsingFunctionAndBindToReplaceCppBuilderClosures

5) I have added a few "mail archive summaries". These are links to email
threads that I found useful as I was looking for info in the mail archives that
goes beyond the docs.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Mailing_List_Summ
aries_By_Library

6) I should also point out that the Wiki has one really nice feature not on the
main boost site: it is fully searchable (look at the search box at the bottom of
the each page). Anyway, I have an experimental page that uses Google
(constrained to boost.org) to search the main site.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?GoogleSearchOfBoo
st

Jeff