From: dylan_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-20 15:47:18

--- In boost_at_y..., Carl Daniel <cpdaniel_at_p...> wrote:
> Funny you should ask...

<snip>

> On the subject of building a huge-vector with just a custom
allocator, doesn't the (proposed?) guarantee that &v[0]
> yields a pointer to contiguous memory pretty much eliminate the
custom allocator solution?

Yes I realise that. As it is, that clause is not in the standard yet
anyway. Maybe there's still time to suggest that the clause should
not rule out the possibility of allocators that do not provide this
guarantee (that is, it only exists when using std::allocator<>).
I'm not even sure if it's possible to do using just a custom
allocator, but it would seem the ideal use for such a thing.

Dylan