From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-22 08:47:38

It should be "argument_type" instead of "first_argument_type".

I would check in the fix myself ('cause I need it :), but then I thought
that although it's clearly a bug and the fix is trivial, it still could be
considered impolite to make a change in a library code without asking the
author first. So I started with "what should a boost developer with CVS
write access do if she found a trivial bug in other library?", and ended up
with more general "what should one do if she/he found a bug in boost
library?". Apparently, it's not in the FAQ. A proposed answer is below:

0. Make sure bug isn't already fixed in the latest sources :). The most
recent version of code is available from boost public CVS repository.

1. If you are a boost user, or a boost developer that doesn't have a CVS
write access:
    a) submit a bug report to either boost-users list, boost mailing list,
or boost bug tracking facility on SourceForge (BTW, what is the preferred
way?) [Optional: "See bug submitting guidelines for the details how to write
a useful bug report". Optional, because probably we are not yet at the stage
when those are needed.]
    b) if you have a proposed patch to the code, post it along with your bug
report, preferably in the "context diffs" format (diff -c); if you can, send
a patch relative to the current CVS state.

2. If you are a boost developer, and you do have a CVS write access:
    a) if bug is trivial (e.g. misspelled name, missed typename, etc.), and
you are willing to make a fix, go ahead and do it, but post a notification
about your changes to the boost mailing list;
    b) if bug is not trivial, or/and you don't have time/resources to fix
it, submit a bug report (see p. 1 above).
    c) otherwise create a temporary branch in CVS, make your changes there,
and ask the library author(s)/maintainer(s) to review them; if they are ok
with the new code, either you or themselves can integrate the fixes into the
main trunk.

Comments/corrections are welcome :).

--
Aleksey