From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-23 15:14:54

My guess is that the crash is due to a buggy exception-handling
implementation in your compiler (2.95.x has known problems in this area).
The current Boost.Python relies on exception-handling to implement the
overloading mechanism (try the first function; if it throws an
argument_error, try the second function, etc...) I think you'll have better
luck with GCC 3.0.2.

Some work we're planning to do in the near future will eliminate EH as the
basis for overload resolution, but I would be reluctant to stick with 2.95.3
in any case, since any exception could cause you trouble.

-Dave