From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-24 00:46:19

--- In boost_at_y..., "David A. Greene" <greened_at_e...> wrote:
> Is anyone working on debugging or stream libraries
> for Boost? By debugging libraries I mean things like:
>
> - Note/Debug/Warning/Error message output, with
> multiple channels so one can turn on debugging
> for certain parts of the program, and specify
> levels of message output.

I have rather eleborated trasing stream library that I was going to
present for general consideration after completing my current work.
We can work together on shared submission if you wish.

> - Debugger hooks

??? what exectly do you mean?

> - Memory debugging
>
> Something along the lines of LeakTracer -- I
> hacked up something myself a while back but it's
> not complete or as clean as I'd like.

It's very intreresting but complicated issue. It's difficult to
provide all purpose version. I am workling on the version to be used
with test programs with some specific needs. Though I would be rather
interesting if somebody would provide generic version.

Regards,

Gennadiy.