From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-24 12:33:05

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> [...]
Build
> > System.
>
> Please be more specific; I haven't been following the test library
> discussion closely. What capabilities are needed? What code
products need to
> be built, using which source files? What special requirements do
these
> products have, in order to be correctly built?
>
> -Dave

Ok. Boost Test Library to be reviewed soon is implemented offline.
I.e. to create a test program you will need to LINK with an
appropriate component of the library.
  So, what I need is a script to build all the components of the
Boost Test Library and all scripts used to work with old inline-
implemented library should be updated to be linked with the
appropriate components.
   If you have a time, you can look into vault area with contains
current version of the library and with MSVC projects included (I do
not think thay will be a part of submission).
   Andrei tried to compile the framework inline. I.e. instead of
linking with stand0alone library included all the sources files. IT's
possible, but is not recomended. It cause longer compilation ( in
comparison with compilation without included sources) and I want to
encourage users to use the library offline. So I need a simple, well -
defined way to link with test library components. It could be some
king of script-template. So anybody could easily create cript that
will compile and link a test program.

Regards,

Gennadiy.

P.S. More details on what source files used to build components or
how to name them I provide when we finilize the general structure. I
am sorry, I am not that familiar with Build System and probably using
wrong terminology.