From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-25 21:28:45

At 03:02 PM 11/24/2001, Jeremy Siek wrote:

>I just uploaded an implementation of a dynamic sized version of
>std::bitset to the Files (dyn_bitset.tar.gz). Also included is a complete
>test suite and documentation. Chuck Allison provided the initial
>implementation, and I boostified the code, and added docs and test.
>
>This classes is needed for several things in the graph library, but it
>should also be useful in a bunch of other places.
>
>If people like what they see I'd like to move this to formal review
before
>too long. It's a pretty simple class, and very close to the std::bitset,
so
>there shouldn't be much controversy :)

Just out of curiosity, did you and Chuck consider a design which supplied
bitset with a policy parameter or some other way of determining whether
allocation was static or dynamic?

bitset and dyn_bitset seem conceptually so similar it makes me wonder if
there is really a need for two different classes.

In looking at the docs, I noticed (broken) "See also" links at the
bottom. I'm looking forward to learning more about bit_vector:-)

--Beman